MARRIAGE AMENDMENT HJR2: URGENT ACTION ALERT #5
DATE: February 13, 2006
FROM: Idaho Coalition of Home Educators
SUBJECT: Our Last Chance
Let Us Vote!
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.
THE IDAHO SENATE COULD VOTE ON THE MARRIAGE AMENDMENT HJR 2, AS EARLY AS TUESDAY, BUT POSSIBLY WEDNESDAY.
- The Senate floor vote is where the Marriage Amendment was defeated last year by just three votes. For this to change, every Senator must receive an unprecedented outpouring of messages for the next three days, escalating until the floor vote.
- At least three Senators must be convinced to change their votes. The clear message must be:
LET THE CITIZENS VOTE!
Those who voted against the amendment last year are:
IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU CONTACT YOUR SENATOR NOW AND CONVINCE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME. PLEASE FORWARD THIS ALERT TO THOSE WHO WILL SUPPORT THIS BILL. THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD.
- Be polite and respectful in all of your messages.
- Hundreds of emails and phone calls must be sent through WEDNESDAY asking your Senator to vote YES on HJR 2.
- By Phone: Call the Legislative switchboard at (800) 626-0471, or (208) 332-1000, and have each family member leave a phone message for your Senator asking him or her to support HJR2.
- By EMAIL: Go to http://capwiz.com/hslda/issues/alert/?alertid=8457881 or www.iche-idaho.org
- Each member of your family should leave a separate message.
Now is the time!
HJR2 passed a House Committee by a high margin, the full House with a 77% approval, and a Senate committee 5 to 4. HJR 2 is now on its last leg of the journey.
DO WHAT YOU CAN SO THAT A MINORITY IN THE IDAHO SENATE DO NOT STOP THE PROGRESS OF HJR 2
TO LET THE CITIZENS VOTE